James 4:6a, 13-17…6a But He gives a greater grace. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.” 16 But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil.
Steps to doing the will of God empowered by His Greater Grace:
1. Surrender to doing the will of God revealed throughout the Bible and without focusing on personal desires, comfort, happiness, materialism, fulfillment, etc.
1 Thessalonians 4:3a God’s will is for you to be holy, NLT Ephesians 6:6b-7… 6bdoing the will of God 7doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men, NKJV
2. Develop a long-term “Life Vision or Purpose” that will be used as a guide in decision making or plans for the future. My Current Life Vision [as of 9/2018]:
3. Depend on wisdom from God for guidance from the Bible, the mind of Christ and the Holy Spirit:
a. Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
b. 1 Corinthians 2:12,16.. 12Now we have received…the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 16 …But we have the mind of Christ. [example, click ]
c. Ephesians 5:18c “Be filled by the Spirit” all the time. Be filled by the Spirit:
4. Use your sound mind with a continuous prayer for guidance:
2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. [NKJV] & 1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray without ceasing;
5. Always replace any anxiety, anger, and fear with faith by thanking God in all circumstances: 1 Thessalonians 5:16,18…16 Rejoice always 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
6. Constantly review, revise and refocus to be sure your heart and actions are continually in the will of God.
James 4:17… Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.