Galatians 5:19-21… 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
19 “Now deeds of the flesh are evident” and come from our “sin nature”; the ” 24b the flesh with its passions and desires” and include:
- sexual sins “immorality, impurity, sensuality”
- religious perversion 20 “idolatry [anything that we make a higher priority than Jesus], sorcery”
- self-centered sins “hate, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, dissensions, divisions, 21 envying,”
- unrestrained and out of control excess “drunkenness, carousing,”
- other sins that are “things like these”
Paul warns Disciples twice 21c “that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.” The form of the Greek word translated “practice” implies continuous action. People with such continuous lifestyles may give evidence they are in rebellion against God’s rule in their life. They may not have a heart and spirit that has been supernaturally regenerated by the gospel of Jesus. If so, they will not be in heaven at death and will not have a resurrected body like Jesus at the rapture.
Can Disciples commit some of these sins of the flesh and the answer is emphatically yes. I daily “Review this list and Confess, and Repent of any I am guilty of“.