- 2 Samuel 21:1 – David discovered through prayer that Israel was being punished for King Saul actions. What shows you the effectiveness of your prayer life? 10 helps for effective prayers!
- Daniel 9:1-19…Prayer using the ACTS acronym: Preparing for prayer by studying the Bible and giving attention to God – Daniel 9:1-3…Are you ready to pray in humility to God through our High Priest Jesus because you know God’s will revealed in the Bible and are giving your full attention to the Lord? Otherwise, do you pray for His will from the Bible, the Holy Spirit and the mind of Jesus in the circumstance you are praying for?
- A- Adoration and praising the Lord – Daniel 9:4…Does your prayer begin with strong statements about the greatness of Almighty God? [Revelation 4:8b,11]
- C- Confessing sin – Daniel 9:5-15… Do you have a daily habit of self-examination for sin, confession, and repentance of individual sin, so your sin will not build up?
- T- Thanksgiving – Daniel 9:1-2…Have you reviewed the major events in your life and been thankful as you realized the hand of God in your life? Do you ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you what you have to be thankful for every day and in the moment of good and bad times? [Thankfulness for 31 days for salvation]
- S- Supplication – Powerful example in Daniel 9:16-23…16 O Lord,… let now Your anger and Your wrath turn away from Your city Jerusalem,… 17 So now, our God, listen to the prayer of Your servant and to his supplications, and for Your sake, O Lord… 18 O my God, incline Your ear and hear!…for we are not presenting our supplications before You on account of any merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion. 19 O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and take action! For Your own sake, O my God, do not delay,…”
Do I pray with the boldness and power of Daniel because I am praying in His will from the Bible?
7. What steps will you take to improve your prayer life?
8. Memory Verse – Daniel 9:19a, 21… 19a O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and take action! 21 while I was still speaking in prayer, then the man Gabriel,…came to me in my extreme weariness… [vv.21-23…Assurance Daniel’s prayer would be answered and the future was foretold]