- Even though: David was a man after God’s own heart A, He was Spirit-filled; at David’s 1st anointing “the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon David from that day forward.” B and his house and kingdom would endure forever C, Yet David continued to sin! [After having many wives, committing adultery with Bathsheba, murdering his friend Uriah, and marrying Bathsheba; then David did not discipline Amnon for rape or Absalom for murder and waited 5 years to reconcile with Absalom and more to come]
- Disciples today are sinners just like David! “If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.” D Even though: We have been saved from the penalty of the wrath of God and given power over the dominion of sin, we received the Holy Spirit at salvation and can be filled by the Spirit daily D1, We will live forever in heaven with Jesus.
- Sin is transferred from generation to generation. We must confess all our sin daily and repent. Keep a short account with God. No matter what our mistakes and sins of the past or current circumstances we can finish strong, Jesus-centered not self-centered. D2
- Reconciliation and peace-making are opportunities to demonstrate God’s grace and agape love to others. E Applying all diligence, in your faith supply… love. F
- The greatest virtue to pursue daily is agape love. G Notes: A- 1 Samuel 13:14; B- 1 Samuel 16:13; C- 2 Samuel 7:16; D- Romans 8:10; D1- Be filled by the Holy Spirit daily; D2- Daily be Jesus-centered; E- For reconciliation and peace-making click here; F- 2 Peter 1:5-9; G- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a,13; John 3:16, 14:15,21,23, 1 John 4:7-8,11,16,18-21; 1 John
Henry Luke 7/22/2018