- While God is patient with His people He is serious about obedience to His commands. If we do not learn from the stories of God’s people we will repeat their mistakes and find the hand of God on us.
- God is very patient in allowing His permissive plan to be worked out in the lives of imperfect people exercising their free will.
- God’s timing is often delayed but always right on time.
- Jonathan knew David had been anointed to be King; however, Jonathan loved David and the Lord more than the prospect of being king by inheritance. Therefore Jonathan and Michael defied their father and helped David escape from Saul. [1 Samuel 18:10-30;19:1-24; 20:1-42 from 1015-1013BC]
- When we look back on how David responded to Saul trying to kill him, we find a glorious example of the kind of person Jesus commanded us to be: “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you”. Matthew 5:43-44;
- May we all strive for this humility in our own lives and live for Eternal things, not Temporal things!
- How do you approach decision making?
- How was David blessed by refusing to harm Saul the anointed of the Lord? 1 Samuel 26:9-10 What should be our attitude toward our God anointed leaders today?
- memory 2 Samuel 2:1…David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go up to one of the cities of Judah?” And the Lord said to him, “Go up.” So David said, “Where shall I go up?” And He said, “To Hebron.”
Henry Luke 6/10/2018
For other similar posts, click on “2 Samuel 1-2” in Tags below.