2 Corinthians 4:18b the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
ch.4, 9, 12: Surrender, Giving Faithfully & Finding Strength
- Temporal – being self-centered or Eternal – To my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I say: However, Whenever, Wherever and Whatever You ask me to do, my answer in advance is yes! I desire to obey all the commands of Jesus and the apostles in His Word. Wherever You lead and whatever the cost, I’m ready: Anytime. Anywhere. Anyway. Whatever it takes Lord! I want to be used by You in such a way, that on that final day I’ll hear You say “Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Come on in and let the eternal party begin.”
- The Disciple must decide every day and moment whether to focus in pride on Temporal things and self or spiritual Eternal things and Jesus.
- Temporal – I earned the money and I can spend it any way I want to or Eternal – Grace giving is multiplied providing the opportunity for increased giving and for thankfulness to God from the beneficiaries of our gifts.
- Are any of your troubles “thorns in the flesh” to keep you humble? If so are you being bitter – Temporal or thankful – Eternal?
- Who or what do you turn to when faced with the facts and problems of life? Either to Temporal – self-pity, bitterness, depression, drugs, wine and others or Eternal – God for comfort, strength, wisdom and guidance.
Henry Luke 5/27/2018
For other similar posts, click on “2 Corinthians 4-9-12” in Tags below.