- Your “faithful love endures forever” , O God, help me submit to your will as recorded in the Bible and revealed by the Holy Spirit and obey your commandments because I love You!
- Because we possess the presence and glory of Jesus it is possible for disciples to be unified so that the kingdom of God on earth may expand. Do I love unconditionally my fellow church members? Is my unity with our church leadership and members reflected in my words and actions?
- There is no place in the church for living in the past. Who do I love more; Jesus or a current or former staff member?
- We are to exalt nothing above the love of Jesus and His saving death and resurrection. Whosoever will may accept His free gift of salvation. What “power” or “wisdom” do nonbelievers today rely on to answer questions of eternal significance?
- There is no room in salvation for any works or merit, it is Jesus alone. He became to us wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption because of His love.
- O God may I return Your love for me by living my life with my spirit in sync with the Holy Spirit and my mind transformed by the mind of Jesus and the Bible.
- O God may I live my life with an understanding my judgment time is coming and that a part of that judgment will be my faithfulness in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus and His love.
- Scripture memory –Jesus said: Mark 12:310-31 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. You shall love your neighbor as yourself. And John 14:15 If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep his commands. And his commands are not a burden, [CSB]
Review Scripture Memory: #12 – 2/18/2018 – John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. [The Holy Spirit will teach us as we study and meditate on Bible scripture and help us remember the verses we have memorized and know about from His word when we need them.]
Romans 8:10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. [NASB]
Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. [HCSB]
#13 – 2/25/2018 1 Peter 3:15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;
Henry Luke 3/13/2018
For other similar posts, click on “1 Corinthians 1-4” in Tags below.