Acts 28:30-31.. 30 And he stayed two full years in his own rented quarters and was welcoming all who came to him, 31 preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all openness, unhindered.
- First Roman Imprisonment–Jerusalem in [59AD] to Rome: Acts 28:30-31ends with Paul preaching the gospel with all openness, unhindered for 2 years. Philemon 1:22and Philippians 1:25, 2:24 indicate that Paul anticipated fairly certain release. During this imprisonment Paul wrote several books, and sometime after his release, he wrote 1st & 2nd Timothy and Titus.
- Visit to the East: [Philemon 1:22; Philippians 2:24]
3. Establishment of a work in Crete: [Titus 1:5]
- Nero burned Rome July 18-20, 64 AD and ultimately blamed the Christians. A
- Journey to Spain: In the Muratorian fragment (A.D. 170) the journey to Spain is spoken of as a well-known fact. Also, Clement of Rome spoke of Paul journeying to the extreme limits of the west, by which he must have meant Spain, for no Roman would have called Rome the extreme limits of the west. Romans 15:24, 28indicate Paul’s ministry would include a trip to Spain. When he wrote in 2 Timothy 4:7that his course was finished, the journey to Spain had evidently occurred.
- Return Visit to the East[2 Timothy 1:3, 4:13-14]: This included a stop at Nicopolis [Titus 3:12] where he was to meet Titus.
- Wintering at Troas with Carpus[2 Timothy 4:13-14]. Arrest and Second Imprisonment at Rome.
- Execution in Rome in A.D. 68. Paul was executed by Nero before Nero’s death June 9, 68 AD
Paul wrote 1 Thessalonians 51AD, Galatians 51, 2 Thessalonians 52, 1 Corinthians 55, 2 Corinthians 56, Romans 57, Philemon 60, Philippians 61, Colossians 61, Ephesians 62, 1 Timothy 64, Titus 64, 2 Timothy 66, & if Paul wrote Hebrews 67AD. [All book dates AD from this source rounded to nearest year]
Paul never gave up telling, teaching and writing about the story of the gospel of Jesus!
Notes: A- for source click here; All other sources: 62-68 AD and modified by my research; All this is close to the Spain Option in this map of Paul’s Journeys from 62-68 AD; although dates differ, click for source; Timelines from Biblehub.
Henry Luke 3/3/2018
For other similar posts, click on “Acts 27-28” in Tags below.