- O God may I desire to continually be in sync with the Spirit and transformed by the power of your Word knowing and obeying the perfect will of God.
- Are you comforted – no matter what your circumstances are – by the continual presence of Jesus and the Holy Spirit in you and the Word for daily spiritual growth.
- God put people in Paul’s presence to witness to because he took seriously the command of Jesus in Acts 22:15 “For you are to be his witness, telling everyone what you have seen and heard”. Do I take the command of Jesus to go discipling seriously? Discipling is witnessing, baptizing, and teaching.
- Each time we have the opportunity to talk to others about our faith, we should be prepared to point them to the Scriptures.
- Believers must be prepared to respond to objections with love, confidence and directness. What can we do to be better prepared to answer those who object to our message?
- Paul saw every circumstance as an opportunity to present the gospel.
- Everyone who hears the gospel must be given the opportunity to make a decision about Jesus.
- Can you think of ways you can give people the opportunity to respond even in unusual circumstances?
- Scripture Memory [select one or all three]- John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
Romans 8:10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. [NASB]
Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. [HCSB]
Review Scripture Memory from prior weeks:
#8 – 1/21/2018 – Psalm 139:14 Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. NLT
#9 – 1/28/2018 – Ephesians 3:10 “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.”
#10 – 2/4/2018 – Acts 20:24 But I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God’s grace.
#11 – 2/11/2018 – Acts 22:15 For you are to be his witness, telling everyone what you have seen and heard.
Henry Luke 2/25/2018
For other similar posts, click on “Acts 23-26” in Tags below.