Consider that “Current [USA] church research data shows that:
• Roughly the same number of marriages both in the secular culture and the church end in divorce.
• The rates for drug, alcohol, and pornography addictions are generally the same in the church as in the secular culture. The research reflects that over 70% of confessed Christian men attending church on a regular basis also view pornography regularly.
• Only 15% of the 360,000 churches in the USA are growing.
• Only 2-5% of churches that grow are growing by new conversion growth. Growth occurs primarily by transfer of membership. The church is just reshuffling people from church to church.
• 90% of evangelical church members never share their faith with anyone.
• 50% of all evangelical churches did not have a single convert last year.
• Only 51% of pastors have a biblical world view defined as:
– Believing that absolute moral truth exists
– The Bible is totally accurate in all of the principles it teaches
– Satan is considered to be a real being or force and not merely symbolic – A person cannot earn their way into heaven by trying to be good or doing good works
– Jesus Christ lived a sin-free life on earth
– God is the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the world who still rules the universe today.
• Only 19% of confessed born again Christians have a biblical world view
• Only 15% of those who are raised in the church have a biblical world view and 70% ` leave the church between the ages of 18 and 23
• Christians on average give only 2-3% of their income
The same research about the entire nation tells us:
• Only 6% of Americans and only 0.5% of American adults ages 18-23 have a biblical world view” D
Now consider the Jews over 2000 years up to the time of Jesus:
The racial divide during that time was in many ways worse than exists today. The Jews thought they were superior because they were God’s chosen people. They had been chosen to “be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.” B
But, instead they had become very isolated and were neither priests nor a holy nation and were without fruit. Jesus said “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it. C
Acts 22: 15, 17-21..[37AD A] 15 For you are to be his witness, telling everyone what you have seen and heard.
What has been my part in this terrible decline in the church in the USA? Have disciples today done any better than the 1st century Jews?
Notes: A- Galatian 1:17-19, Biblehub New Testament Timeline click here; B- Exodus 19:6; C- Matthew 21:43; D- Source: Barna Research Group, 2008-2016 as quoted in “A Friend Under Fire” by Stephen Trice.
Henry Luke 2/13/2018
For other similar posts, click on “Acts 22” in Tags below.