Acts 16:19 But when her masters saw that their hope of profit was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the market place before the authorities,
The masters reacted violently because of their profit loss. Abortion and pornography are very valuable to providers today. The dollar numbers below do not include the soft porn so prevalent on TV and movies, sex trafficking and abortion services. It is no wonder that the pro-abortion, sex-traffickers and pornography advocates are so protective of their business that devalues human life.
“General pornography stats
- Every second $3,075.64 is being spent on pornography on the internet or $97 billion per year.
- 40 million American people regularly visit porn sites [seems low HL]
- 35% of all internet downloads are related to pornography
- 25% of all search engine queries are related to pornography, or about 68 million search queries a day
- One third of porn viewers are women
- Search engines get 116,000 queries every day related to child pornography
- 34% of internet users have experienced unwanted exposure to pornographic content through ads, pop up ads, misdirected links or emails
- 5 billion emails sent or received every day contain porn
- Every 39 minutes a new pornography video is being created in the United States
Youth pornography stats
- Teenagers with frequent exposure to sexual content on TV have a substantially greater likelihood of teenage pregnancy; and the likelihood of teen pregnancy was twice as high when the quantity of sexual content exposure within the viewing episodes was high.
- A significant relationship also exists among teens between frequent pornography use and feelings of loneliness, including major depression.
Family/Marital pornography stats
- According to National Coalition for the Protection of Children & Families, 2010, 47% of families in the United States reported that pornography is a problem in their home.
- Pornography use increases the marital infidelity rate by more than 300%.
- 40 percent of “sex addicts” lose their spouses, 58 percent suffer considerable financial losses, and about a third lose their jobs.
- 68% of divorce cases involve one party meeting a new paramour over the internet while 56% involve one party having an “obsessive interest” in pornographic websites.” A
How might someone try to justify the response of the slave-girl owners? How do people use the same justification today for devaluing human life?
Another source of stats and an accountability site: http://www.covenanteyes.com/pornstats/
Henry Luke 1/26/2018
For other similar posts, click on “Sanctity of Human Life” in Tags below.