What to Pray For Today:
- PRAY THAT THIS ISSUE IS SIMPLIFIED. Abortion is seen as morally complex, but it’s really not. Is the unborn a member of the human family? Pray that voters, friends, and family members are not distracted by side issues that miss the point entirely.
- PRAY FOR COURAGE. We all know how hard it can be to speak about this issue when we have the opportunity. Pray that you and your family, and your pro-life friends would have confidence in the truth and act when called upon to do so.
- PRAY FOR ACCESS. Pray that pro-life faculty in secular universities will have academic freedom to present a persuasive pro-life case to the age group most at risk for abortion.
What if you found yourself in a conversation about your prolife views. How should you proceed?
- Keep the main issue the main issue: Pro-life advocates contend that abortion intentionally kills an innocent human being. This simplifies the entire controversy to just one question: Is the unborn a member of the human family? If so, killing him or her to benefit others is a serious moral wrong.
- Use science: The facts of embryology establish that from the earliest stages of development, the unborn are distinct, living, and whole human beings. True, they have yet to grow and mature, but they are whole human beings nonetheless.
- Use Philosophy: There is no morally significant difference between the embryo you once were and the adult you are today that justifies killing you at that earlier stage of development. SLED is a helpful reminder of non-essential differences:
Size: You were smaller as an embryo, but does body size determine value? Of course not!
Level of Development: You were less developed as an embryo, but infants are less developed than teenagers physically and mentally. Do we think they have less value? Of course not!
Environment: Where you are has no bearing on what you are. Does an eight inch journey through the birth canal change the essential value of the unborn? Of course not!
Degree of Dependency: You depended on your mother for survival, but does dependence on another human determine value? Of course not!
Source: “21 Days of Prayer for life–calling Christians to unite, to pray, and to engage for the case of life”– click here
Henry Luke 1/23/2018
For other similar posts, click on “Breakpoint” in Tags below