1. Over 300 prophecies in the Old Testament were fulfilled in the birth, life and works of Jesus. At least six were fulfilled by the birth of Jesus. Click here.
2. The angel Gabriel appeared to Mary and said Mary had found favor with God and by virgin birth she would give birth to Jesus. Mary obeyed. Click here.
3. Mary went to be encouraged by Elizabeth who in 3 months would give birth to John the Baptist. After returning Joseph found out Mary was pregnant and an angel of the Lord appeared to him. The angel said; “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, but keep her a virgin until the baby is born.” Joseph obeyed. Click here.
4. Mary’s joy compelled her to lift her voice in praise. Click here.
5. Jesus was born to virgin Mary in a manger in Bethlehem about 5 BC. An angel of the Lord appeared to shepherds and said “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; 11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” Click here.
6. Forty days after His birth Jesus was presented at the Temple in Jerusalem. The Holy Spirit revealed to Simeon that Jesus was the Son of God and that He would be a light of revelation to the Gentiles. Also Anna confirmed that Jesus was the Redeemer. Click here.
7. Joseph, Mary and Jesus lived in Bethlehem until the Magi came to honor Him as King of the Jews. This could have occurred up to 2 years after His birth according to the date given by the Magi. Click here.
8. God warned Joseph to take his family and flee to Egypt to avoid the murderous rampage of King Herod as he killed male babies under 2 years old. When Herod died Joseph returned to live in Nazareth about 1 BC. Click here.
9. May disciples today be obedient to God like Mary and Joseph?
10. Memory Verse – Luke 2:10-11..10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; 11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Henry Luke 12/28/2017
For other similar posts, click on “Birth of Jesus” in Tags below.