Below are six Old Testament prophecies fulfilled by the birth of Jesus. His birth is celebtrated each year as Christmas day; this year is the 2,023rd year.
1.”And I will put enmity Between you A and the woman, And between your A seed and her seed; He B shall bruise you A on the head .C And you shall bruise him on the heel. D” [Genesis 3:15]
Notes: A- Satan; B- her seed – fulfilled by Jesus–God told Satan the Seed of the women would have final victory over Satan by bruising him on the head; C-To be fulfilled as described in Revelation 20:10; D- Satan would have a temporary victory over the seed of the women – fulfilled by birth, crucifixion, burial and on the 3rd day the resurrection of Jesus [1 Corinthians 15:1-9]
2. God told Abraham — ” 2 And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing; 12 But God said to Abraham,… for through Isaac your descendants shall be named.”” [Genesis 12:2, 21:12]
3. The angel of the Lord told Abraham — “In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.” [Genesis 22:18] Fulfilled in these genealogies of Jesus — [Matthew 1:1, Luke 3:34]
4. God sent King David a message through Nathan that his kingdom would be eternal. “Your house and your kingdom shall endure before Me forever; your throne shall be established forever.” [2 Samuel 7:16] This was fulfilled as proclaimed in these genealogies of Jesus — [Matthew 1:6, Luke 3:31]
5. Immanuel to be born of a virgin — “Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.” [Isaiah 7:14]
6. Future eternal ruler to be born in Bethlehem– “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity.” [Micah 5:2] The Israelites knew this prophecy referred to the Messiah because when Herod ask the chief priests where the Messiah should be born, they replied at Bethlehem. [Matthew 2:1-6]
It is a fact that Jesus was born in Bethlehem in 5 BC as testified by the Old Testament and New Testament.
Henry Luke 12/20/2017
For other similar posts click on “Birth of Jesus” in Tags below.