Acts 13:.. 23b God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus, 38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, 39a and through Him everyone who believes is freed a from all things, [a- justified or declared right]
In vv. 28-29 Paul presented the gospel of the death, burial, & resurrection of Jesus according to the scriptures [Acts 13:28-30; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8]. Their sins could be forgiven and everyone who believes is declared right with God through faith in Jesus. [2 Corinthians 5:21] This freedom can not occur by doing the works of the Law of Moses.
Paul was faithful the rest of his life in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus. A proclaimer of the gospel today can have a greater impact in 30 years than Barnabas. (Except his disciples writing 14 of 27 NT books) The reasons are:
1) In 50 AD the world population was about 175 million and in 2017 is 7.3 billion. This is more than 40 times greater opportunities available today.
2) Communications technology has increased dramatically from letters and scrolls to telephones, email, social media, internet, printing of bibles and other spiritual literature, etc; and
3) Transportation has gone from walking and sailing ships to jet aircraft, automobiles, etc. Therefore disciples today will desire to be obedient out of love for Jesus to:
- Prepare to be a witness and always have gospel tools in pocket or purse such as “Red Cards”, “Gospel Tracts” & “calling cards either personal, church or both”. Begin every day in prayer to be aware of the opportunity to share the gospel with someone and pray “O God may Your glory be revealed in me today, at my expense, without expecting merit for myself.” A Never quit preparing, praying and sharing.
- Do relationship sharing by giving people the opportunity to see the difference that knowing Jesus makes in your life by  seeing the fruit of the Spirit in your life: “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control” B, being an encourager and comforter. E At a time prompted by the Holy Spirit you will have the opportunity to share the gospel. C This can include invitations to FBC and/or special events like the Downtown Christmas at FBC D and the Passion Play. [Examples]
- Do inItentional visitation of lost prospects from the church. Some will be young people.
- Take advantage of one time opportunities of people you meet at the gym, mall, grocery store, hospitals, doctor’s and other offices, even on the telephone making orders or incoming from telemarketers, paying bills by mail, etc.
Will I drop the baton of passing the gospel message to my generation and future generations?
Henry Luke 12/4/2017
For other posts on Acts 13, click on “Acts 13” in tags below.