- Self-examination for idols: What is one thing that would devastate you if you lost it? What is one thing that you think would bring you contentment if you gained it?
- How are you doing at keeping His commands every day because you love God and do not find His commandments burdensome? Which ones do you rebel against and worship your substitute idol out of love for self?
- What is the relationship between idolatry and rebellion? Why is it so hard for people who trust in idols to see their rebellion against God? How have you rebelled against God by worshipping your favorite idols?
- Today disciples can avoid God’s discipline by avoiding any acts that are rebellion against God and His commandments.
- God’s being faithful to His promises to Abraham gives us comfort today. We can be thankful for His mercy, grace and love for His disciples today.
- O God help me live my life so that people see something different about my attitude, words and actions. May the glory of God be revealed in my life every day, at my expense, without expecting any merit or glory for my-self.
- Scripture Memory: Exodus 32:14“So the Lord changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people.“After intercession by Moses! 1 John 2:1 & Hebrews 7:25 “My little children… if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ;…He always lives to make intercession” for His disciples.
Ten Commandments [abbreviated] Exodus 20:1-17
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall make no idols.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- Keep the Sabbath day holy.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet.
Henry Luke 10/29/2017
For other posts on Exodus 32-34, click on “Exodus 32-34” in tags below.