1. Am I singing and shouting with praise and joy because I have no known unconfessed sin causing my fellowship to be broken with God?
2. Am I crushed by the weight of the folly of unconfessed sin? If so go to God through our Jesus Christ and claim His promise, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” [1 John 1:9]
3. This is a good daily pattern for us: REVIEW our recent actions, motives, thoughts and words against each quality of the fruit of the Spirit or other Bible passages & acknowledge sins; CONFESS where we have sinned against God & others; REPENT of this sin, asking God for help [a] to change our heart and [b] in our persevering to turn from sin.
5. His faithful love is the reason disciples -the “righteous ones and upright in heart “- can rejoice, shout for joy and be glad in the Lord.
6. Someone said; “Lord, I am willing to receive what you give, to lack what you withhold, to relinquish what you take, to suffer what you inflict, to be what you require.” This is to be conformed to the image of Jesus.
7. Beware when self, the world, Satan or even a believer tries inducing guilt for already forgiven sin. When you claim 1 John 1:9 about a sin you are forgiven forever. When we are accused, Jesus is our Advocate before God and “there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” [Romans 8:1].
8. F.F. Bruce said, “The person who accepts discipline at the hand of God as something designed by his heavenly Father for his good will ceases to feel resentful and rebellious; like the psalmist he has ‘calmed and quieted’ his soul [ Psalm 131:2 ], which thus provides fertile soil for the cultivation of a righteous life, responsive to the will of God.”
9. Scripture Memory: Psalm 32:1-2
1 How joyful is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered!
2 How joyful is a person whom the Lord does not charge with iniquity and in whose spirit is no deceit!
Henry Luke 8/18/2017
For other posts on Psalm 32 click on “Psalm 32” in Tags below.