It has the power to:
- Cleanse My sin– Psalm 19:12 Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults.
When we compare our daily lives, thoughts, motives and activities with God’s Word the Holy Spirit will reveal to us our hidden faults and errors. Reviewing the nine fruit of the Spirit and comparing to self is a good place to start. For each fruit–review, confess & repent. The fruit of the Spirit defined for self-examination?
Correct Us- It will Keep Me from Folly — Psalm 19:13 Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous G sins; Let them not rule over me; Then I will be blameless, And I shall be acquitted of great transgression. G- arrogant, proud, insolent, deliberate and willful.
Presumptuous sins result when we are self-centered instead of Jesus-centered. David is asking God to keep him from this sin that can lead to greater sin. David committed such a sin when he sent his troops out to war, but he stayed in Jerusalem. He was bored and sinned with Bathsheba, and then killed her husband to cover up his sin. This led to a cascading set of sins that hurt thousands of people. [2 Samuel 11:1-4] Consequences of David’s sin of staying in Jerusalem.
- Correct Us- It Will Keep Me in Fellowship– Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.
David is praying that his words and the attitude of his heart will be in agreement and acceptable in the sight of the Lord. He calls on the Lord as my Rock and my Redeemer. This reminds of Job’s prayer ” And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.” [Job 19:25]
Oh that I would recognize Jesus as my Redeemer and the foundation Rock of my life and that my words and heart would be acceptable to Him. As I have studied in Psalms the last few weeks I have been humbled by my All-Powerful and All-Caring God. He is so magnificent that I am at a loss for the right descriptive words and yet He lives within me and cares for me. This thought should keep me from sin and in fellowship with Jesus. All-Powerful & All-Caring Attributes Of God
Summary/application for Psalm 19:
- O God, may I worship the Creator with awe, love, humility and shouts of joy each day and continue until the throne of God where I will be worshipping the Creator in heaven in my resurrected body: “Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created.” [Revelation 4:11]
- May my words and the attitude of my heart be in agreement and acceptable in the sight of the Lord my Rock and Redeemer.
- Help me to; “Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you …succeed in all you do”. [Joshua 1: 8NLT]
- Thank you Lord that all I need can be found in the Word: “His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness a through the knowledge bof Him who called us by His own glory and goodness.“ [2 Peter 1:3 HCSB; a– holiness; b–Bible knowledge and relationship knowledge–by knowing intimately and experientially the power Source.]
- Scripture Memory Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.
Henry Luke 7/22/2017
For other posts on Psalm 19 click on “Psalm 19” in Tags below.