Believers mature both personally and as a community through God’s grace.
1 Peter 2:1-10
- Put off the things of this world and be Holy
2. Hunger and thirst for the word of God and grow spiritually
- Recognize that we are part of the spiritual house of God and dwell in unity
- We are priests serving our High Priest Jesus Christ, Who provides the believer direct access to God the Father
- I am a member of the family of God
- I have a special responsibility to proclaim Jesus Christ to a lost world with my life and words
- Memorize 1 Peter 2: 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up as aspiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
- What acceptable spiritual sacrifices am I consistently offering to God through Jesus Christ?
For complete 9/18/2016 lesson click here: 9-18-2016-building-our-faith-1-peter-2_1-10
Henry Luke 9/18/2016