1 Peter 1:13-25 406 words
- Be holy because God is holy
- Be holy because God loves me
- Be holy because of the Judgment of God. On earth God disciplines His children, we must ” …not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord…” Hebrews 12:5 In heaven God judges the believers works 1 Corinthians 3:11-15
- Be at peace with God, Self & Others. Romans 5: 1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Philippians 4: 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Romans 12: 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men
- I live to please an audience of One and I hope He will someday say to me at the believers judgment in heaven: “Well done good and faithful servant” [1 Cor. 3:11-15]
- Memorize: 1 Peter 1: 16 because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
- Prayerfully read the song below “I gave My life for Thee” & consider your answer to the underlined lines.
“I gave my life for thee My precious blood I shed That thou might ransomed be And quickened from the dead.
I gave, I gave my life for thee What hast thou given for me? I gave, I gave my life for thee What hast thou given for me?
My father’s house of light My glory circled throne I left for earthly night For wand’rings sad and lone.
I left, I left it all for thee, Hast thou left aught for me? I left, I left it all for thee, Hast thou left aught for me?
I suffered much for thee, More than thy tongue can tell Of bitterest agony To rescue thee from hell.
I’ve borne, I’ve borne it all for thee What hast thou borne for me? I’ve borne, I’ve borne it all for thee What hast thou borne for me?
And I have brought to thee Down from My home above Salvation full and free My pardon and my love.
I bring, I bring rich gifts to thee, What hast thou brought to me? I bring, I bring rich gifts to thee, What hast thou brought to me?” “
I gave my life for thee” By Francis Ridley Havergal
Click here for complete lesson 9-11-2016-be-holy_1-peter-1-13-25
Henry Luke September 12. 2016