“Mental strength takes a long time to develop.
It is the daily practice of pushing yourself to grow stronger, maintaining realistic optimism, and setting healthy boundaries.
Amy Morin provided the following 21 signs you’re mentally stronger than average. The 21 signs are below without comment, but the brief coments and beautiful pictures are in the link below.”
1. You balance emotions with logic.
2. You choose productive behavior.
3. You feel confident in your ability to adapt to change.
4. You face the fears that hold you back.
5. You learn from your mistakes. “Mentally strong people don’t hide or excuse their mistakes. Instead, they learn from them.”
6. You balance self-acceptance with self-improvement.
7. You genuinely celebrate other people’s success.
8. You are comfortable living according to your values. “Mentally strong people make decisions with relative ease because they understand their priorities and they live according to their values.” (This may be the most important sign. HCL)
9. You focus on sharpening your skills, rather than showing them off.
10. You live an authentic life. “Your words are in line with your behavior.”
11. You view life’s hardships as opportunities for growth. “While hardship causes some people to grow bitter, mentally strong people let adversity make them better.”
12. Your self-worth depends on who you are, not what you achieve.
13. You practice delayed gratification.
14. You bounce back from failure. “Mentally strong people don’t view failure as the end of the road. Instead, they use their failed attempts as opportunities to gain knowledge that will increase their chances of success in the future.”
15. You’re a realistic optimist.
16. You accept personal responsibility for your choices.
17. You express gratitude.
18. You focus on what you can control.
19. You engage in active problem-solving. “Mentally strong people don’t dwell on the problem — instead, they create solutions.”
20. You’re open to learning more from all that surrounds you.
21. You work on your weaknesses, rather than masking them.
In “Tags” below click on “Life Vision” for other posts in this series.
Henry Luke December 10, 2015