When a person believes in Jesus and develops a relationship with Him several things happen immediately including:
1. receiving eternal Life (John 3:16, Ephesians 2;8-9 & many others),
2. the person’s body becomes the Temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20),
3. Jesus becomes our Advocate or Lawyer with the Father (1 John 2:1)
4. Jesus the Son of God becomes our great High Priest giving us access to the throne of grace (Hebrews 4:14-16),
5. there is no condemnation for those who are in Jesus (Romans 8:1),
6. becoming children of God, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Jesus (Rom 8:14-18 & Gal 4:1-7),
7. nothing can separate us from the love of Jesus (Romans 8:31-39),
8. our sin being exchanged for the righteousness of God in Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21)
9. receiving the glory of God (John 17:21-23) Where is the glory of God now?
10. His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. (2 Peter 1:3 HCSB)
11. God blessed us with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3b HCSB)
12. beginning progressive sanctification; actual conformity to the likeness of Jesus begun at the time of our salvation and completed when we’re made perfect in his presence. (Titus 2:13-14, 1 John 3:2)
The 1st step of obedience is to believe in Jesus and be transformed from a Natural Person to a Spiritual Person.
“The Bible tells us that there are three kinds of people” 1 Corinthians 2:12-3:4
1. Natural Person (Someone who has not received Jesus and lives a self-directed life.)
The 2nd act of obedience after receiving Jesus as your personal Savior is to be baptized. Jesus was baptized so that God could reveal to John that Jesus was the Son of God; for God to confirm verbably from heaven that Jesus was His Son in whom He was well pleased and to set an example for future believers in Him. (John 1:31-34, Mark 1:9-11, Luke 3:21-22, Matthew 3:13-17)
The 3nd step is become involved in the community of believers at your church and find someone to begin the one-on-process process of teaching you the commands of Jesus. This process helps you develop an intimate fellowship with Jesus and minimizes the time you are a Carnal Person.
3. Carnal Person KJV or Fleshly NASB (One who has received Jesus, but who lives in defeat because of trying to live the Christian life in their own strength.) Go here for How to Walk With The Holy Spirit Daily
In “Tags” below click on “Life Vision” for other posts in this series.
Henry Luke revised 11/29/2017