When a person believes in Jesus and develops a relationship with Him several things happen immediately to that person: the number is the days in the month for prayer.
Days 1 & 23. receives eternal Life (John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9 & many others),
2 & 24. the person’s body becomes the Temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20),
3 & 25. Jesus becomes our Advocate with the Father (1 John 2:1)
4 & 26. Jesus the Son of God becomes the person’s High Priest giving access to the throne of grace (Hebrews 4:14-16),
5 & 27. there is no condemnation for the person who is in Jesus (Romans 8:1),
6 & 28. becoming children of God, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Jesus (Romans 8:14-18 & Galatians 4:1-7),
7 & 29. nothing can separate them from the love of Jesus (Romans 8:31-39),
8 & 30. the persons sin being exchanged for the righteousness of God in Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21)
10. His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. (2 Peter 1:3 HCSB)
11. God blessed the person with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3b HCSB)
12. Jesus is in the person “Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27c)
13. since the person is in Jesus, “he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
14. the person’s salvation is sealed or guaranteed in Jesus by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13b)
15. the person can approach God with boldness and confidence (Ephesians 3:12)
16. the person becomes the friend of Jesus (John 15:15 NKJV)
17. the person is reconciled to Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:19)
18. The love of Jesus compels the person to live for Jesus who died for them and was raised. (2 Corinthians 5:14-15 CSB)
19. Jesus is our intercessor (Hebrews 7:25)
20. Jesus is the person’s wisdom from God, and righteousness, and sanctification and redemption. (1 Corinthians 1:30)
21. the person becomes an ambassador for Jesus (Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:18-20)
22. beginning progressive sanctification; actual conformity to the likeness of Jesus begun at the time of our salvation and completed when we’re made perfect in his presence. (Titus 2:12-14, 1 John 3:2)
How to believe in Jesus:
“The Bible tells us that there are three kinds of people” 1 Corinthians 2:12-3:4
1. Natural Person (Someone who has not received Jesus and lives a self-directed life.)
The 1st step of obedience is to believe in Jesus and be transformed from a Natural Person to a Spiritual Person.
The 2nd step of obedience after receiving Jesus as your personal Savior is to be baptized. Jesus was baptized so that God could reveal to John that Jesus was the Son of God; for God to confirm verbally from heaven that Jesus was His Son in whom He was well pleased and to set an example for future believers in Him. (John 1:31-34, Mark 1:9-11, Luke 3:21-22, Matthew 3:13-17)
The 3rd step is become involved in the community of believers at your church and find someone to begin the one-on-process process of teaching you the commands of Jesus. This process helps you develop an intimate fellowship with Jesus and minimizes the time you are a Carnal Person.
3. Carnal Person KJV or Fleshly NASB (One who has received Jesus, but who lives in defeat because of trying to live the Christian life in their own strength.) Go here for How to Walk With The Holy Spirit Daily
In “Tags” below click on “31 days of prayer” for other posts in this series.
Henry Luke last revised 6/7/2018