Tension Resolution in marriage, church, other relationships, etc
1. Genesis 3:16 To the woman He said, “I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire* will be for your husband, And he will rule over you.” *Some commentators believe this means “a wife’s desire to dominate or rule over her husband”.
2. Ephesians 5:15-21 15 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil.17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; 20 always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; 21 and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ.
3. Galatians 5:22-23a 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23a gentleness, self-control;
4. Ephesians 4: 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, 22 that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, 23 and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.26 Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. 30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
5. James 4: 1What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.
6 But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom.10 Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you. 11a Do not speak against one another, brethren.
6. Hebrews 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, …so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
7. Philippians 2:1-3 1Therefore if there is any
aencouragement in Christ, if there is any
bconsolation of love, if there is any
cfellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and
2 make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
3 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves;
In “Tags” at the bottom of this post click on “Scripture Memory” and other similiar posts will accessed.